Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Daily Devotion: Unloved

Bible Reading: Psalm 142

Key Verse: Verse 4 – “I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.”

Key Words: no man cared for my soul

There is no pain worse than the pain of being unloved. It’s one of the most difficult things one could ever experience. This is what David was feeling as he sat in the cave (which cave is not known).

There are many today who feel as David felt then…that no one loves them, no one cares for them.

Bits & Pieces records the story of a father and son who had become estranged. The son ran away, and the father set off to find him. He searched for months to no avail. Finally, in a last desperate effort to find him, the father put an ad in Madrid newspaper. The ad read: “Dear Paco, meet me in front of this newspaper office at noon on Saturday. All is forgiven. I love you. Your Father.” On Saturday 800 Pacos showed up, looking for forgiveness and love from their fathers.

Today, maybe you know of someone who feels unloved. You can be the one who shows this one who feels unloved that you care, that you love them; but most of all, you can show them God’s love and tell them God cares.

If today you feel unloved, remember “For God so loved the world” and that includes you…you are loved!! My plea to you is to believe this and accept God’s love for you!


What to do:

✞ If you know someone who feels unloved, show them God’s love.


Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email