Monday, April 20, 2020

Daily Devotion: Unprofitable People

Source: Wikipedia

Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 2:1-11

Key Verse: Verse 11- “Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

Key Words: all was vanity

Notice all the personal pronouns in our Scripture reading for today: I, me, my, mine. Then Solomon says all was vanity. Everything I worked for, everything I labored in, was vanity. Have you ever felt that way?

Reminds me of a recent news release from Charlotte, North Carolina, which told of a woman who set a world record while playing a convenience store video game. After standing in front of the game for fourteen hours and scoring an unprecedented seven and a half million points on the game called “Tapper,” the woman was pleased to see a TV crew arriving to record her efforts for posterity. She continued to play while the crew, alerted by her fiancé, prepared to shoot. However, she was appalled to see the video screen suddenly go blank. While setting up their lights, the camera team had accidentally unplugged the game, thus bringing her bid for ten million points to an untimely end! The effort to publicize her achievement became the agent of her ultimate failure.

When we seek the attention, when we want the glory, when life and events are about “I, me, my, and mine” hard times will come for God shall always get the glory, not us!


What to do:
✞ To God be the glory! See that He gets it.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email