Thursday, April 2, 2020

Daily Devotion: Surrendered People


Bible Reading: Isaiah 6:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 8 – “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Key Words: Here am I; send me

"For many years I had been studying art. My whole life was wrapped up in its pursuit and the thing farthest from my mind was active Christian service," so spoke Judson W. Van DeVenter. “My dream was to become an outstanding and famous artist. After graduating from college I studied drawing and painting under a well-known German teacher. To help me financially, I taught school and eventually I became supervisor of art in the public schools of Sharon, Pennsylvania.

“It was during this period in my life that a revival was held in the First Methodist Church of which I was a member. I became very interested in these meetings as a personal worker. It was not very long after that, I was licensed as a lay preacher. God blessed my efforts and many souls were saved in the meetings I conducted. The Spirit of God was strongly urging me to give up teaching and to enter the evangelistic field but I would not yield. I still had the burning desire to be an artist. This battle raged for five years. At last the time came when I could hold out no longer and I surrendered my all – my time and my talents. It was then that a new day was ushered into my life. I became an Evangelist and discovered that deep down in my soul was hidden a talent hitherto unknown to me. God had hidden a song in my heart and touching a tender chord He caused me to sing songs I had never sung before.

“I wrote I Surrender All in memory of the time when, after the long struggle, I had surrendered and dedicated my life to active Christian service for the Lord. It was written in the home of Mr. George Sebring in East Palestine, Ohio. It was Mr. Sebring who later founded the city of Sebring, Florida.”

All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.


What to do:
✞ Surrender all to Jesus today.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email