Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Daily Devotion: Do You Know About Betty Crocker?


Bible Reading: Mark 8:22-30

Key Verse: Verse 29 – “And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Key Words: art the Christ

"How do you make a one-crust pie?" "What's a good recipe for apple dumplings?" In 1921, when the Washburn Crosby Company, makers of Gold Medal Flour, needed a name to sign replies to the questions contained in an avalanche of customer mail, they invented Betty Crocker.

The surname belonged to William Crocker, a director of the company, and Betty was a popular nickname at the time. Today, as the General Mills trademark, Betty Crocker still stands for the positive attitude in homemaking. Indeed, she became “the eternal and supreme housewife, all-wise, generous of time, advice, sympathy.”

Now, I’m really glad I got to know Betty Crocker. I’ve really enjoyed her sweet treats over the years; but I’m really overjoyed to tell you that I know who Jesus is on a personal basis. For over 59 years I have been a child of the Lord and the relationship grows “sweeter” every day. How about you?


What to do:
✞ It’s not important you know Betty Crocker but it is imperative that you know Jesus Christ as your Savior. Do you?

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email