Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Priscilla and Aquila

William Tecumseh Sherman
(February 8, 1820 – February 14, 1891)
Source: Wikipedia
Bible Reading: Romans 16:3 and Acts 18:1-7

Key Verse: “Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:” - Romans 16:3

Key Words: Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers

Priscilla and Aquila were tent-makers and had fled from Rome to Corinth where Paul met them. They later accompanied Paul to Asia. Paul thought much of them because of their aid to him. They are two people Paul salutes while in prison in Rome. They were ordinary people who aided Paul in doing extraordinary things. Those who aid us and stand with us during both the good and bad times are extraordinary people.

People need people. Laurie was about three when one night she requested my aid in getting undressed. I was downstairs and she was upstairs, and …well, “You know how to undress yourself,” I reminded. “Yes,” she explained, “but sometimes people need people anyway, even if they do know how to do things by themselves.”

The soldier’s first article of faith is summed up nowhere more eloquently than in an 1865 letter from William Tecumseh Sherman to U. S. Grant: “I knew wherever I was that you thought of me, and if I got in a tight place you would come – if alive.”

This is no doubt how Paul felt about Priscilla and Aquila. What a blessing they must have been!


What to do:
✞You can be more than ordinary, you can be extraordinary just by being an aid to others.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email