Saturday, April 15, 2017

Daily Devotion: A Child Turned Into A Fool

Bible Reading: Proverbs 24:1-10

Key Verse: Verse 7 - “Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate."

Key Words: Wisdom is too high for a fool

Now this is strictly a guess on my part, but I would venture to say that no parent sets out to raise a “fool” – which leads me to ask: “Then why are there so many fools in the world today?” Now before you brand me as cynical and critical, let the Bible define what a fool does.

A fool is never wrong (at least in his own eyes) (Proverbs 12:15). I deal with these people everyday. They simply never see themselves as wrong. They see themselves as misunderstood, but they never see themselves as the guilty party.

A fool is unteachable (Proverbs 1:7). A fool always has a better idea.

A fool enjoys sin (Proverbs 10:23). I love sports; but to a fool sin (doing wrong) is a sport, and fun!

A fool lacks self-control (Proverbs 12:16). A fool lacks self-control with his desires and temper.

A fool is illogical (Proverbs 26:4, 7). They simply think differently.

A fool grieves his parents (Proverbs 17:21).

A fool is unchangeable (Proverbs 26:11). They promise they will do good. They promise they will do better, but they always go back to their foolishness.

This raises the question: “How can I keep my child from being a fool?”

The Word of God only gives one way and it is found in Proverbs 22:15, “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child [every child, I might add], but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” I would advise that you drive it far from them before foolishness grows roots and you find yourself living with a fool.

May God grant you the courage not to raise a fool.


What to do:
✞ Drive foolishness away before it has time to grow roots.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email