Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Daily Devotion: A Life of Credibility

Bible Reading:  Mark 9:14-32

Key Verse: Verse 18 – “And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.”

Key Words: and they could not

Every adult has a credit rating.  That rating is based upon us doing what we say we will do.  If we fail to do what we have promised, our credit rating drops.  As a result, others will not extend credit to us because our word is not good.  We have no credibility.

Credibility is invaluable to the believer.  If people do not believe our message because of a lack of credibility, we become weak in our witness.

There is a tale told of that great English actor Macready.  An eminent preacher once said to him: “I wish you would explain something to me.” 

“Well, what is it?  I don’t know that I can explain anything to a preacher.”

 “What is the reason for the difference between you and me?  You are appearing before crowds night after night with fiction, and the crowds come wherever you go.  I am preaching the essential and unchangeable truth, and I am not getting any crowd at all.”

 Macready’s answer was this: “This is quite simple.  I can tell you the difference between us.  I present my fiction as though it were truth; you present your truth as though it were fiction.”

Today, I challenge you to be a credible witness for God.

What to do:
✞ Be credible.

Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email