Friday, September 4, 2020

Daily Devotion: Every Knee Shall Bow



Bible Reading: Romans 14:1-12

Key Verse: Verse 11 – “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Key Words: every knee shall bow to me


Paul was pointing out to these Roman Christians that everyone must give an account to God. Even those who were judging others would one day bow and be judged. For me, just to think of standing before Jesus is a humbling thing. It reminds me of an illustration I read taken from The King’s Business.

“A number of prominent literary men were assembled in a room in London. The conversation veered to a discussion of some of the great men of the past. One man asked, ‘Gentlemen, what would we do if suddenly Milton entered the room?’

‘Ah,’ replied another, ‘we would give him a standing ovation.’

‘And,’ said another, ‘if Shakespeare entered?’

‘We would rise and crown him master of the literary world.’

“And another said, ‘If Jesus entered, what would we do?’

‘I think,’ said Charles Lamb amid an intense silence, ‘we would fall on our faces!’”

Certainly you must agree with me that, to stand before Jesus will be a humbling experience; for certainly He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Friend, have you ever humbled yourself before Jesus and asked Him to be your Savior? Would you do so today?

He who bows before Jesus as his Savior need not worry about bowing before Him as his judge at the Great White Throne.




What to do:
✞ Have you ever thought about…I mean, really thought about, standing before Jesus? Think about it. One day we all will.
✞ If you are not saved, accept Christ today.


Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email