Friday, January 31, 2020

Daily Devotion: A Clear Conscience


Bible Reading: Romans 9:1-9

Key Verse: Verse 1 - ”I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

Key Words: my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost

J. Vernon McGee translates this verse as follows: “I speak the truth in Christ; I do not lie, my conscience in the Holy Ghost bearing witness with me.”

Now let me give you my translation, “I speak the truth in Christ. My conscience will not allow me to lie because of the Holy Ghost working in me.”

No matter how you word it, when you have the Holy Spirit working in your conscience you won’t lie and if you do, the Holy Spirit will let you know it.

Since 1811 Uncle Sam has been receiving anonymous sums of money as self-imposed fines for a variety of reasons, such as for taking Army blankets for souvenirs or for deliberately failing to put enough postage on a letter. One widow, checking her late husband’s books, discovered he had cheated the government, so she promptly mailed a check for $50 to the Treasury. All these monies have been placed in an account named the Federal Conscience Fund which now totals over three million dollars.

~ Leslie B. Flynn


What to do:
✞ Let the Holy Spirit be your Guide with what you say and do.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email