Sunday, November 24, 2019

Daily Devotion: Stopping Conflict


Bible Reading: I Peter 3:1-11

Key Verse: Verse 10 – "For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Key Words: let him refrain his tongue

Have you ever heard someone say, “I wish I could take back what I said”? Sorry, but you can’t!! Once you’ve said it, it’s out there and it will travel far and wide. As it travels, it grows and as it grows, conflicts begin to blossom.

A young boy one day went to a monk and said, "I have slandered my neighbor. What can I do?” The monk said, “Take a feather and put it on every step in the neighborhood.” And so the boy put out a couple hundred feathers. He went back to the monk and said, “OK. Now what?”

“Now go pick them up.” But when the boy went to pick them up, most of them had been blown away by the wind, to which the monk said, “Once you gossip, it’s nearly impossible to stop it.”

One way you stop a conflict is by refraining the tongue from evil.


What to do:
✞ Stop conflict by closing the mouth.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email